Sunday, May 26, 2013

Creating

If you have time I really recommend reading Moses 2. Some insights I have made are:

1. The moon was created on the 4th "day". Scientists hypothesize that the moon was formed when a large mass about the size of Mars impacted with the earth. Meaning...the earth existed before the moon started orbiting. Science and Religion fit the same model... :)

2. Moses 2: 20-21 "And I, God, said: Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life...And I, God, created great whales." Some key things are WATERS. ABUNDANTLY. MOVING CREATURE. LIFE. in simple terms life started in the waters....this agrees with science. I think there is something important in these verses. There is some important creature that started life on earth and it was not a whale...whales came later. This is important because I think it represents size. small creatures could have formed first. I think it also shows evolution. Some creature formed in the water...but then the whale also formed there. Which Science agrees with.

Heavenly Father is brilliant. He is the greatest scientist to exist. The book of Moses may not supply the most vivid description of Earth's creation, but that's why Heavenly Father also tells us to study the earth. We are meant to discover more to the creations tale then what is supplied in Moses. Religion and science are amazing. I love studying geology and I love studying the scriptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment