Wednesday, August 22, 2012

That's it! I'm joining the Circus.

Someday...I wish. haha

So this one time I went to visit my sister in Seattle and she took me to a flying trapeze class. Seriously the most exciting and fun and exhausting 2 hrs of my life. I thought I would be super nervous to fly through the air, but once I jumped of the bar all my nerves went away. It was so much fun! I learned how to hook my legs on the bar and hang upside down and then do a back flip. I also got caught by our super ripped teacher.

 I wish I had money and lived in Seattle so I could pick up this hobby. YOU HAVE TO DO IT, if given the opportunity. Or just make the opportunity available to you. It's such a good work out. Not to mention fun and makes you feel accomplished.  It's 5 days later and my abs are still a little sore. But let me tell you. My abs and arms hurt the worst I have ever hurt for the first 3 days after. I could barely move!

Here's the link to me doing the trick. The reason I didn't put my hands down the first time was because I thought the lady calling said to wait... I was totally about to let go. Whatevs. She obviously said hands down.
http://youtu.be/p-qWkiDr2Z0

This day and the rest of the days made the trip to Seattle AMAZING. My sister taught me about portion control and fed me yummy healthy foods, and Landon was super adorable and funny. Fiona was Fiona. It was such a great week and I wish it could have lasted longer. I am exhausted, but I just love being with my family. I really like the Seattle area, although I think I would much rather live in the suburbs. I love my Sister. And I am so thankful that she let me come out to visit her. It was a great visit. I would write more, but I forgot my camera, so I don't have cool pictures to show you and I don't want to bore you with more words.

p.s. Mount Rainier is such a beautiful stratovolcano! It was so clear when I flew in and I looked up from my book and saw this huge volcano out my window! I was awestruck. I would love to go back to study the subduction zone volcanoes. It was cool to see the big chain of volcanoes and to see the glacial buzz-saw evidence all around it. In normal people terms...Seattle has a BEAUTIFUL landscape.

p.s.s I am so excited to take beginning gymnastics in the Fall. yeah...I got in. The trapeze class just got me super pumped. I want to see what else my body can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment