| Gotcha! |
I was so nervous going into it, but I am so glad I made the choice. The first day was terrible. I could barely lift a 2 1/2 pound weight tied around my ankle. Just so you know...that would be like tying a can of soup to your ankle and doing palates leg lifts. Yeah...I was super weak. Then I rode a bicycle and did some squats. My legs were tingling so much and I was purely exhausted. My knee was a fragile little baby. And then my therapist gave me electric shock therapy. It is the oddest feeling ever. I left that day feeling so weak and extremely exhausted. But I was so proud of myself. I couldn't believe how much my body needed this. I have been diligent throughout the entire week doing my exercises and slowly I have been able to do more and more reps.
Today, I was able to lift the 5 pound weight! Almost with ease, but by the end of my reps I was in pain. And then I rode the bicycle with major ease. My squats were a little more difficult. But that's because my quads are still pretty weak and my right quad is strained. He even added on these knee bends. Basically I stand on phone books with one leg and bend down until my toe touches the ground. It hurt. But a good hurt. And then I had to use my feet to pull myself across the floor on a stool. I don't know the name of the muscles it worked. But I AM FEELING IT. I feel so good! It is AMAZING the progress my body has made in a week. I love feeling good and healthy. And I love that my body is healing on its own.
By the way. I mean no offense to actual body builders...it's just a look that definitely does not work for myself.

You go girl! :D I admire physical therapists, and I'm glad you got the chance to do healthy work for yourself, and that you're getting so far doing it. Haven't talked to you in foreverrr but I hope everything is going well! <3 Lisa
ReplyDeleteThanks girl! Everything in going well! Hope you're doing wonderful!! I've seen that you've taken some ballroom classes, if I'm not mistaken. Aren't they the best?!
DeleteSounds a lot like the therapy I had for my acl surgery. I loved it as well! It's just great knowing that you are getting stronger and healthier and to see visual improvement. It's almost addicting. Keep at it!
ReplyDeleteWe did electro therapy every time, and they wouldn't let me run until I was able to do the phone book thing standing on a 10 inch platform and bend down and touch my heel to the floor. That was a beast, but I finally got there, and my butt became rock solid...sexy.
I hope my butt becomes rock solid. That would for sure be hot. I'll have to work on that exercise at home. My final prognosis was that I strained my quad and overworked my patella. No meniscus tear! So, it should be a quick heal. I totally know what you mean by addicting! I just want to work out all the time. I feel so great seeing how much I've improved.
DeleteWhat did your diagnosis end up being anyway? I never heard.
ReplyDelete