Friday, June 15, 2012

So I have this really awesome Father...




My Dad is the bomb. Let me give you some reasons why (how about 17, because Father's day is on the 17th!).

1. He loves me
2. He really, truly and deeply loves my mother
3. He has his own sense of humor that has always made me laugh
4. He is super smart
5. He has a wonderful spirit
6. He instilled within me a desire to discover and learn
7. He taught me how to work
8. He shared his passions with me
9. He spent time with me
10. He is a peacemaker
11. He loves the outdoors
12. He has good taste in music
13. He knows how to serve and love others
14. He is humble (but he'll never admit it)
15. He is the glue in our family
16. He always tries by doing
17. He is my Daddy.

Some of my most cherished childhood memories are:

I miss being held by my dad. Sometimes I wish I could be a little girl again and just climb into his arms and fall asleep. I love how I would fall asleep in weird places in our home and he would be my "prince" and carry my to my bed.

I remember asking my dad to marry me, because at the time there was no man who could come close to my Father in looks and personality. It turns out I found someone, but mainly because I had my Father's example to teach me what to look for. And not to get off topic, but I will forever be in debt to my dad, because my Husband is awesome.

Anyways, to describe how much of a daddy's girl I am, I will tell you a story. One time my dad was holding me and he was in his bathing suit. So, no shirt on. I remember thinking I was hungry, so I looked at my dad and thought, he has what mom has and that gives me food, so he should give me food too. I don't even know why I tried to nurse on my Father. he didn't have moobers, but after getting a mouthful of hair I realized, oh yeah. My dad isn't my mom. Both of my parents are wonderful people, but there are some things that he can't do that she can and vice versa.

As I have grown older my Dad has still always been there. I love the car rides we had to seminary. A lot of times they were quite, but it was a special time I had to sit with my dad every morning. I love how supportive he is. And I love that he cares about what I love. He is always sending me links to articles or pictures of wonderful astronomical and geologic things. He loves space too, so maybe I care about what he loves. But anyways, I love that he takes time to share those things with me.

Gosh, I just love my Dad so much. Me has a calming nature and always makes people laugh, maybe because they don't get his joke or maybe because he's just so so so awesome. My dad is the Best. I hope everyone has someone they can look up to as a Father figure and feel so full of love. If not, adopt my Dad (my Mom comes with the package, but she's awesome too)!  Happy Father's day to a wonderful man, who has willingly listened to three kids and helped them through trials and helped them become their best. I love you Dad!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment